Cape Neddick Light Panoramic Picture Framed
This panoramic photograph of Cape Neddick Light was taken by James Blakeway. President Rutherford B. Hayes signed the order establishing this light in 1879. The 40-foot cast-iron tower is located in Maine on a rocky island referred to as "the Nubble" off the eastern point of Cape Neddick . The white bucket suspended on a line across the channel was used to transport supplies and is now used to transport maintenance equipment. The lighthouse was automated in 1987. The town of York now manages the surrounding property, having received more than 300 unsolicited offers from people wanting to be live-in caretakers.